- ARE YOU A TECH SME OR A STARTUP?
- ARE YOU LOOKING TO PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS AGAINST THE RISK OF DISRUPTION, DECLINE IN YOUR DOMESTIC MARKET, REDUCE YOUR DEPENDENCE ON THE MARKET YOUR HAVE DEVELOPED OR SIMPLY LOOKING TO IMPROVE YOUR GROWTH POTENTIAL?
- ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A REGULATED LOCATION TO “PASSPORT” YOUR SERVICES?
We all know that disruptions (Brexit, Pandemic crisis,..) pose serious threats. This makes your planning for the future extremely difficult but you cannot afford to freeze your business and wait for uncertainty to lift anyway…….
EUROPE and UK are and will remain great places to go global as long as you know how to act and how to break barriers. There are indeed many factors that can either make or break your business when you try to grow by going abroad. Here are some key questions to ask yourself:
- What will be the product or the service that you want to sell abroad?
- Is your offering unique, better or cheaper? What differentiates you as an exporter?
- Which country do you expect to address? Do you feel comfortable in that country? Are you familiar with the local language?
- Have you done a market research? What is the infrastructure like?
- What do you know about the local Business Partners that could help you to enter a market and mitigate the risk?
- Do you know your competitors in the other countries?
- Do you know the local segments currently underserved?
- How to deploy an innovation strategy for your activities abroad?
- How to collaborate with the local medias and communication experts?
- How to get access to local National funding’s and European programs for research and innovation?
Along with promises, expanding abroad may also carry substantial challenges: chasing too many opportunities, currency fluctuations or cultural barriers for example. Doing business in another country can be indeed a long way from doing business in your hometown. Here are the basic steps to avoid making costly mistakes:
- Plan to evaluate your needs, set your GOALS and BUDGET.
- Evaluate methods of distributing your product or services abroad: working with local agents, representatives, distributors or setting up a subsidiary.
- Learn how to set local prices, negotiate deals, get advises on legal and tax matters.
- Get information about government and private sources of financing.
- Be compliant with local regulations.
- Build local relationship before getting down to business.
You may get answers by simply contacting Trade Associations, Foreign Chambers of Commerce, Government sponsored foundations or ……..better by considering the advice and guidance offered by the “Independent” Business Consultants from LYS TRADE Ltd.
Why working with LYS TRADE Ltd?
Acting skillfully between the UNITED KINGDOM and LUXEMBOURG is our major asset. Why Luxembourg? Luxembourg is a strategic EU location with easy access to Paris, Zürich, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Brussels amongst many key EU locations. In Luxembourg, you can do business in French, German, and English, including legal contracts in any of these languages. Luxembourg’s workforce is highly educated and skilled as well as diverse; 49% of the population are foreigners and 200,000 people commute daily from Belgium, France and Germany to work in the Grand-Duchy.
Lys Trade Ltd is a team of International Business Advisers and Trade Representatives located in UK and in Luxembourg having the expertise to provide valuable help the first few times you are trying to evaluate a new market. We assist your business to effectively setup and grow providing expertise for a soft landing. If your product requires a salesperson knowledgeable about special aspects of your product, we will obviously select a Business Partner who can provide that type of sales force.
- We can also identify the local partner with the best track record selling to the target market.
- Unless you are fluent in the language of the country you are selling to, we’ll choose a representative who can speak your language well.
- Your dedicated Business Developer will meet your prospects in person, provide high quality of services, tracking sales data, preparing reports, maintaining databases, maintaining promotional materials inventory, planning meetings and trade shows.
- By working with us you obtain an IMMEDIATE PRESENCE in the targeted market, you MITIGATE YOUR EXPOSURE TO RISK and can even establish your own “VIRTUAL OFFICE”.
Just reach LYS TRADE (email@example.com)to set up an appointment with our Representatives in Luxembourg or in London. As a Lys Trade client, you will beneficiate from the joint expertise of sales specialists and international consultants. Together we will be able to advise you about the requirements for your business start-up in Europe and in UK.
Philippe Johan Castelain, Managing Director@Lys Trade